P.O. Box 398 . 901 James Avenue . Farmerville, LA 71241 . 318-368-9751
“Providing Quality Service with Compassionate Care”
You have reached the federally-required section of our website that contains the charges for the services we provide within our facility. While we provide this information to comply with federal regulations, healthcare billing is complex. It is extremely important for you, as the consumer, to understand that standard charges may not be a relevant starting point for estimating what costs you may incur during an episode of care, and the amount actually paid by a patient will depend on that patient’s insurance coverage, policy provisions and other factors. Everyone’s case is different based on that patient’s medical condition.
The charges displayed only include hospital charges and do not include charges that are billed separately by the physician or other professional fees. Furthermore, the actual amount paid by a patient will depend on that patient’s insurance coverage, as benefit plans vary greatly.
NOTE: The prices are subject to change; current pricing may be different than those posted here.
IF YOU HAVE COMMERCIAL INSURANCE:
• Contact your insurance company to understand all of the factors affecting your financial responsibility.
• Numerous factors, such as type of plan, co-pay, co-insurance, deductible, out-of-pocket maximums, provider network and other limitations, will affect your financial responsibility to a hospital.
• The prices reflected on this site do not include charges for the physician or other professional fees, such as pharmacy, diagnostic imaging or lab work.
• The prices reflected on this site do not include any negotiated discounts between your insurance company and the hospital.
IF YOU HAVE MEDICARE:
• Medicare has many different parts, and not everyone has the same type of Medicare coverage. Medicare will pay for many of your healthcare expenses but not all of them.
• Special rules apply if you have employer group health insurance coverage through your job or a spouse’s job.
• If you have a supplemental health insurance policy, it may cover some costs that Medicare does not cover.
• The best way to be sure of what your Medicare plan covers is to call 1-800-MEDICARE, or visit the website at www.mymedicare.gov.
IF YOU HAVE MEDICAID:
• Contact your local Medicaid office at 1-888-544-7996, or visit the Louisiana Department of Health to determine all the factors affecting your financial responsibility.
• Generally, Medicaid recipients are not responsible for any portion of the bill.
IF YOU ARE UNINSURED:
• Please contact the hospital at 318-368-9751, and ask for the Collections Specialist in the Business Office to find out about our payment policies.
• As required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Union General Hospital has a written financial assistance policy that includes eligibility criteria, the basis for calculating charges and the method for applying for financial assistance.
• You can contact our Financial Counselor at 318-368-6522 to determine if you meet the criteria for financial assistance.
UNION GENERAL HOSPITAL CHARGE MASTER
|Mission and Vision|
|Union General Rural Health Clinic|
|Memorial and Honor Gifts|
|24/7 Emergency Room|
|Inpatient Acute Care|
|Outpatient Mental Health|
|Skilled Nursing Facility|
|Speech & Language Therapy|
|Union Parish Community Health|
|Financial Assistance Policy|